Guide to Start Labuan Factoring Business
Looking to start a factoring business in Malaysia ? A Labuan company could be the right way for you! Read on to find out why Labuan and how to get started with the Guide to Start Labuan Factoring Business! Labuan Factoring Business comes low tax benefits and Labuan is a fully compliant business centre labelled by OECD as one of the “white-list” jurisdiction!
A factoring transaction is one in which a business sells its accounts receivables (e.g. invoices) to a 3rd party commercial finance company, known as a “factoring company”. Invoices are sold at a discount (usually 80% of face value), the business receives cash quickly and the debt is transferred to the factoring company. The factoring company then approaches the client to collect the full amount, earning the difference. Factoring is one of the oldest forms of business financing and an important cash management tool for many businesses.
Setting up a new factoring business capturing Asia business is a wise chose as it also will allow you to benefit from the many offshore advantages. Alternatively, if you are already operating a factoring business , setting up a new Labuan company may also prove to be advantageous.
Benefits of conducting a Labuan factoring business company:
- You own the business 100%
- Engage with multiple businesses worldwide in various currencies easily
- Enjoy significant tax benefits – have the option either to pay a flat rate of RM 20,000 or 3% of net profit
- No withholding tax for any dividends paid out of its profits
- Feel reassured by the strict confidentiality legislation offered by Labuan IBFC
You are qualified as long as you meet the minimum eligibility requirements for Labuan Factoring Business:
- A Labuan company incorporated under the Labuan Companies Act 1990
- Factoring company registered under Banking and Financial Institutions Act 1989
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to facilitate inter-company factoring transactions
- No adverse report from any reliable sources
Structuring the Labuan Factoring business is key in operating efficiently and in accordance with Labuan FSA guidelines:
Important Documents to Submit for Application for Labuan Factoring Business:
- 3 years’ Business Plan with Financial Forecast and Operational Strategies
- Composition of the Board of Directors and senior management
- Prior written approval by Labuan FSA for appointment of Directors, Controller or CEO
- Audited Financial Statements for the past 2 years (if applicable)
Regulatory and Operational Requirements after approval of the Labuan Factoring License include:
- Option to either set up an office in Labuan or operate through its registered office
- All transactions to be done through Labuan and adequate and proper records and books of accounts must be maintained in Labuan
- All transactions in in foreign currencies, not Malaysian Ringgit
- No transactions with Malaysian residents other than those approved by Malaysia Central Bank
- Maintain capital sufficient to manage the company’s daily operations
- Appoint an auditor and have accounts audited
- Submit to Labuan FSA audited annual financial statements and other required information including, prudential information, general business conduct and volume and direction of business in Labuan
- Notify Labuan FSA of any amendments to constituent documents, shareholdings, management or business plan
- Yearly license fee payable to Labuan FSA of RM 40,000 or RM 60,000 if without physical presence in Labuan
CP Trust as Your Trust Company
We provide full incorporation company, secretarial services with providing the registered office and back-end support to ease your operations in Labuan as well as application of marketing office for your set-up in Kuala Lumpur/Iskandar. In short, we can provide assistance from start to finish in helping you set up your Labuan leasing business.
CP Trust Labuan Factoring License Application Services
Our one-stop license application service level for Labuan Factoring License include as follows:
* Consultation of your eligibility and procedures based on your profile
* Profiling, due diligence and guidance documentation preparation
* Preparation of Business Plan, Financial Forecast and Operation Manuals
* Submission and supervision of applicant process approval
* Act as your liaison and contact point with Labuan FSA for all correspondence and arrange interview (if any)
Consult us today! Feel free to call us at +603-2161 0354, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in this enquiry form to better advise you on Labuan Factoring Business! We are here to “simplify the complexities” to get your factoring business up and running!